Besides setting a budget (and sticking to it), some of us need a little bit extra money every now and then. Before you go to a money-sucking payday loan company, ready these tips for making some pounds this month.
Getting the Most from your Card
- Consider doing your next big purchase on a 5% cashback credit card. That way you’ll get something back for all your spending.
- Some banks will bribe you to switch – usually between £100 and £150, but bonuses can be as much as £200.
Things to Sell on eBay
- Last year’s unwanted presents – cheeky but what they don’t know won’t hurt them
- Clear out your bookcase and sell any books you’ve read (and aren’t going to read again) or books you won’t read
- Go through your wardrobe for anything that doesn’t fit or isn’t your style and flog on eBay
- Unopened make up and cosmetics can still go for a penny or two on eBay so check that
- Check your kitchen for any appliances you haven’t used in a year or more and get it gone!
- Do you have any clutter like and old hoover you’re not using or a TV you don’t need? Look around and think about what you actually use day to day.
Work, Work, Work
- Pick up as many extra shifts as possible
- Ask if you’re employer will pay more for awkward shifts or cover
- Find out about your companies bonus scheme and make sure you get it!
- Sign up as a mystery shopper
- Research surveys that give you money (I just one that gives me Nectar points!)
- If you have a big bushy beard, consider being santa!
- Babysit on the side so people can have date nights without worrying
- Teach or tutor in the evenings.
- House sit – we all know a few couples who travel for the holidays
- Look after your neighbours pets
- Consider cleaning as an evening job
Sell Items on the High Street
- Take all your old tech, dvd’s, games etc down to your CeX. They offer cash price or always more on a voucher if there’s something you’re looking to buy as a gift
- Sell unused / unwanted designer items (from handbags to watches to jewellery and scarves) at Designer Exchange. Same as CeX, they offer cash or more on a voucher.
- Take any gold to a reliable place. Check this guide for ‘cash for gold’ good and bad pointers.
Leave a comment below and follow more money and lifestyle articles here.